COVID-19 and PTTI 2021
The health and safety of our conference attendees and exhibitors is a priority. We understand the considerable effort invested in planning travel to attend events (for attendees, technical presenters and exhibitors) and the burden placed on those trying to make travel decisions. In addition, we understand that many attendees are required to follow travel policies as established by their organizations.
The ION will be following U.S. Centers for Disease Control guidance in establishing our meeting protocols for fully vaccinated individuals, with accommodations for unvaccinated individuals who may choose to attend:
- Fully vaccinated individuals are free to attend the event without a mask. Masks are acceptable for any attendee, for any reason, at any time. Unvaccinated attendees should wear a mask at all times. Be advised that masks are still required on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States.
- Social distancing will not be required in session rooms or meal functions. However, ION will ensure adequate seating is available so individual attendees can physically distance according to their comfort levels.
- Consumption of food and beverages will be restricted to designated areas. For the comfort and safety of our exhibitors, no food or beverages will be permitted on the exhibit floor.
- A “no-handshake policy” will be in place. Attendees are encouraged to utilize available technologies like the ION conference mobile site, iPhone AirDrop, or other available services to share contact information.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available outside meeting rooms.
- There will be increased cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces.
- There will be reduced transfer of physical materials. Exhibitors are asked to reduce/eliminate business card exchanges and utilize the available lead retrieval system for gathering leads electronically.
- We ask that all participants use discretion in attending ION events. If you are feeling ill or exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, please exercise common sense and do not attend the conference that day. When in doubt, get medical attention for an appropriate diagnosis.
As a general rule, please use common sense when traveling to and attending the event. If you need assistance at any time, please reach out to the ION at 703-366-2723 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What options are available for attendees who may not be able to attend the event due to corporate policies or travel restrictions/quarantines?
We suggest you wait to register until you have received travel authorization from your sponsor. Once you register, the Institute anticipates your participation and incurs financial liabilities for you. If a change in your sponsoring organization’s travel policy necessitates that you must cancel after you have registered and paid, regular conference cancellation policies will apply.