What to Do When You Arrive at the Conference
- Check in at the registration desk to pick up your conference badge. A government-issued photo ID may be required. Presenters are required to pay conference registration fees.
- Test your presentation on the ION computer located near the registration desk. Presentation files display in various ways on different computers. ION provides a "test" computer so you can check fonts, graphics, and multimedia content.
- Ensure you have a copy of your presentation on a USB, DVD, or CD that you can load to the projection laptop for presentation at the beginning of your session.
- Promote your upcoming presentation on your social media.
On the Day of Your Presentation
- Attend the mandatory Speakers’ Breakfast. The person making the oral presentation, as well as the person representing each alternate presentation, should attend. The purpose of this breakfast is to allow the Session Chairs to meet each of the presenters, collect your biographical information, coordinate any last-minute details, and demonstrate audio-visual equipment and the presentation timing system.
If you are not in attendance at the 7:30 a.m. Speakers' Breakfast on the morning of your presentation, the Session Chairs will allocate your presentation time to another presenter; your presentation will be canceled, and your presentation/paper will not be included in the conference proceedings.
- Copy your presentation to the conference laptop in your session room before the session begins. Copying your files onto the computer before the session begins allows for a smooth, fast transition between presentations.
- Upload your final presentation to the Abstract Management Portal (AMP).You can do this from your own computer or from the Presenter Upload Station provided near the conference registration desk. Ensure you have completed the online release form. If you require the signature of a third party, a PDF Copyright Release Form may be uploaded to the AMP or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post on social media.