Information for Alternate Authors
Alternate authors have an excellent chance of being able to present at the conference, and have the opportunity to post a video presentation in the on-demand area which is live for 30 days from the start of the conference.
- All alternate presenters should be prepared in the case of a last minute cancellation by another author.
- The presenting author should attend the Speakers' Breakfast the morning of your session. Speakers breakfasts take place 7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m. each morning, Tuesday-Thursday.
- Attend the session to which your paper was assigned in order to be available in case of any last minute cancellations.
- Though there is no assurance that you will have an opportunity to give your presentation, if you attend the speakers breakfast, are in attendance at your session, and are prepared to give your presentation, your paper will be published in the proceedings regardless of whether or not you were able to present.
- Alternate presenters are required to submit a video presentation which will be posted in the on-demand area along with the other talks from their session.
- Alternate authors that are called on to present, and decline, will have their video presentation removed and will not have their papers published in the meeting's technical proceedings.
- Note, alternate presenters may also be moved into speaking slots before the conference, as cancelations arise.