Conference Attendance Requirements
The conference will be hosted in a U.S. Only, For Official Use Only (FOUO) environment July 8-10 at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach, and a classified environment on July 11 at The Aerospace Corporation in El Segundo, CA. Advance visit requests and approvals are required for all attendees.
- July 8-10 (FOUO Sessions): JNC technical sessions at the Hyatt are hosted in a U.S. Only, For Official Use Only (FOUO), environment. Entry is restricted. Participation will be restricted to U.S. Government agencies and their contractors. Photography, audio or video recording of any FOUO presentation is strictly prohibited. Conference badges must be visible at all times and photo ID may be requested at any time.
- July 11 (Classified Sessions): Participation for the classified sessions will be restricted U.S. Government agencies and their contractors with a Secret Clearance.
- Exhibit hall (July 9-10): The JNC exhibit hall will be accessible by all conference participants, exhibiting organizations, and related organizations who possess a valid conference badge, as well as accompanying guests during the exhibitor-hosted reception. All materials displayed in the exhibit hall shall be publically releasable (Distribution A). All JNC participants shall restrict all conversations to those permissible in the public domain.
FOUO U.S. Only Sessions (July 8-10)
All US ONLY FOUO sessions and exhibits will be held in a U.S. ONLY FOUO environment at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach. Participation will be restricted to U.S. Government agencies and their contractors. To attend you must provide the following:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship.
- Visit Request/including a Need-to-Know Statement (Need-to-Know not required if using JPAS)
- Photo ID
- JNC Conference Badge and Paid Registration
Visit Request and Need-to-Know Statements
- All Visit Requests must be received by June 7, 2019 and be validated by the JNWC Security Office.
- Prospective U.S. attendees must submit their Visit Authorization Requests through JPAS to JPAS SMO: STRATJNWC. JPAS visit request POC field must be filled with “JNC 2019” instead of a POC name.
- If JPAS is not an option fill out the Visit Request Form:
Download Visit Request Form
It is recommended that personnel planning to attend the FOUO or classified sessions verify that their Visit Request has been received and validated by the JNWC security office prior to making any travel arrangements. Visit authorization requests received after June 7, 2019 may not be processed.
Visit Request Contact:
Mark Correll, Security Specialist
Joint Navigation Warfare Center
Classified U.S. ONLY Sessions (July 11)
The classified sessions will be held in a classified U.S. ONLY environment at:
The Aerospace Corporation, Titan Meeting Room
2310 E El Segundo Blvd
El Segundo, CA 90245
Information required for visit requests
Seating is Limited – How Seats Will Be Assigned
Seating for the classified session is limited. You will be placed into a seat reservation queue based on the order your visit request is received. A seat will be reserved for you, on a numbered space-available basis, once:
- Your completed visit request has been received and approved by the JNWC. If you have any concerns or questions whether your clearance has been received by the JNWC it is recommended you verify this directly with Mark Correll, JNWC Security Office, listed above. Adjustments will not be made for processing or administrative errors.
- You register for the conference and check-in/pick up your badge by Tuesday, July 9. Your registration and check-in at the conference notifies us of your intent to participate. Failure to register or check-in/pickup your badge by July 9 will result in the forfeiture of your seat regardless of advance reservation.
- You arrive at Aerospace for security entry validation no later than 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, July 11. Late arrivals will forfeit their seat regardless of advance reservation.
Accessing the classified session onsite
At the conference, your badge will indicate your seat reservation status for the classified session.
- GREEN STAR on conference badge indicates a reserved seat for those who arrive at the Aerospace entry validation no later than 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, July 11. Late arrivals will forfeit their seat regardless of advance reservation.
- YELLOW STAR on the conference badge indicates standby entry on a space-available basis. A number will be issued indicating the order in which you will be admitted. You must arrive at Aerospace for security entry validation no later than 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, July 11. Late arrivals will forfeit their reservation number.
- RED STAR on the conference badge indicates you will not be admitted to the classified session due to limited seating.
- Seat reservations cannot be exchanged with or transferred to other attendees.
Attendees with Necessary Medical Devices
Attendees with medical equipment that use technologies such as Bluetooth, wifi, cellular, etc., should contact Erik Baer with The Aerospace Corporation, by July 2 to request approval for their medical device to be used in Thursday’s classified environment. Attendees should email Erik at Erik.J.Baer@aero.org with the following information:
- Name of requester
- What type of device: heart monitor, glucose monitor, hearing aid, etc.
- make/model of the equipment
- what technologies (blue tooth, WiFi, GPS) does the equipment use to transmit/receive
- copy of physicians note
- has this the device been approved previously for use in a classified environment, if so by whom?
.Options to travel to/from Aerospace
Parking at Aerospace
Parking is available at Aerospace. Follow the signs to the conference parking area. Parking in reserved or permitted Aerospace parking will result in your vehicle being towed.
Shuttle Bus between Hyatt Regency Long Beach and The Aerospace Corporation
Complimentary shuttle bus transportation will be provided from the Hyatt Regency Long Beach to the classified session. A shuttle will run the morning prior to the start of the classified session, and in the evening at the conclusion of the classified session. Shuttle buses will depart from the front of the Hyatt Regency Long Beach no later than 6:15 a.m., and will return to the Hyatt following the conclusion of the session.
Taxis, Uber and Lyft cannot drive onto the Aerospace property. Passengers must meet their driver at the main gate for pick up.