Rules and regulations are subject to change. Last updated June 18, 2015.
1. INSTITUTE. The word “Institute” means The Institute of Navigation, acting through its officers, directors, committees, agents or employees acting for it in the management of the exhibition.
2. ION® Logo (use of). The ION® trademark or logo shall not be used by exhibitors. An event logo will be provided in show materials provided for Exhibitor use.
3. AUXILIARY SERVICES. Decorating, drapery, furniture rental, drayage, sign painting, electrical and labor will be handled by the assigned show decorator. The Exhibitor shall provide only the material and equipment that is owned and is to be used in the exhibit space. All other items used in the booth are to be provided through arrangements with the above contractor. • Payment for services provided to the Exhibitor by contractor is the responsibility of the Exhibitor. All services not ordered in advance must be procured through the Exhibitors’ Service Desk, which will be maintained in the Exhibit Hall.
4. BOOTH CONSTRUCTION AND ARRANGEMENT. The Institute will provide and arrange for erection of necessary draped backgrounds of uniform style. If the exhibit hall is not carpeted, the Institute does require that you provide/rent carpet for your booth. All exhibits must be confined to the limits of their respective booths as indicated on the floor plan. Back wall of booth is eight feet high; side dividers are three feet high. No special signs, booth construction, apparatus, equipment, lighting fixtures, etc. will be permitted to extend above eight feet. The maximum height of eight feet (2.44m), including signage, is allowed only in the rear half of the booth space, with a four foot (1.22m) height restriction imposed on all materials in the remaining space forward to the aisle. Exhibit material must not be set up so as to interfere with the view into adjoining booths. All materials must conform to local building, electrical and fire department codes and regulations. The ceiling of the exhibit hall is 11' high.
5. BADGES. The exhibit is limited to individuals, business firms and manufacturers who have contracted and paid for space assignments. The Exhibitor and its representatives are required to wear badges throughout the exhibition. The badges are not transferable, and the Institute reserves the right to withdraw the use of the badge used to gain admission to the Exhibition by any person other than the one for whom it was issued. The Institute reserves the right to refuse to admit and eject from the Exhibition Hall, or from any space therein, any objectionable or undesirable person or persons; and on the exercise of this authority the Exhibitor, for himself, his employees and agents, hereby waives any right and all claim for damages against the Institute.
6. CARE OF EXHIBIT SPACE. The Exhibitor must, at his expense, maintain and keep in good order the exhibit space contracted. The Exhibitor shall maintain and conduct the exhibit in a neat, clean, orderly and safe manner, and shall not do or allow anything to be done in, on, or about the Exhibitor’s space that might adversely reflect on the Institute. The Exhibitor shall keep an attendant in its display during the hours the Exhibition is open and the Exhibitor must surrender the space occupied by it to the Institute in the same condition as it was at the commencement of occupation (ordinary wear excepted).
No sign or other articles may be affixed, nailed or otherwise attached to walls, doors, drapery, etc., so as to deface or destroy them; likewise, no attachments may be made to floors by nails, screws or other devices that might damage or mark them. If the space occupied by the Exhibitor shall be damaged by the Exhibitor or Exhibitor’s agents, employees, patrons or guests, the Exhibitor, on demand, shall pay such sum as shall be necessary to restore the space to the same condition it was in when first occupied by the Exhibitor.
7. PERMISSIBLE EXHIBITS. All business activities of the Exhibitor at the Exhibit Hall must be within the Exhibitor’s allotted exhibit space.
The use of sideshow tactics, or other undignified methods or materials considered by the Institute to be objectionable, are expressly prohibited in the exhibition area or in any meeting room. The Institute, in sole discretion, reserves the absolute right to determine which methods and products are appropriate, in its judgment, for inclusion in the Exhibition. This provision applies to Exhibitor’s conduct, articles, printed matter, samples, questionnaires or any other item that the Institute deems objectionable. If the Institute decides, in its sole discretion, that any of these do not meet its standards or are not suitable, the Exhibitor must at once comply with the Institute’s demands or withdraw.
Booths should be staffed by company specialists who are qualified to discuss details of their company’s products or services. Distribution of advertising material and souvenirs must be confined to the Exhibitor’s booth. Representatives of non-exhibiting firms will not be permitted to demonstrate their products or distribute advertising material in the Exhibit Hall.
8. SALE OR DISTRIBUTION OF MERCHANDISE. The sale of Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT) related merchandise shall be permissible. Examples of permissible sales would include PNT equipment, publications and consultancy services. Unrelated merchandise sales are not be permitted. The Institute, in sole discretion, reserves the absolute right to determine if merchandise is non-related and ineligible to be sold on the show floor. Exhibitors engaging in sales of unrelated merchandise shall be subject to eviction without refund.
All the sales, use and other tax collection, reporting, compliance, etc. are the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor. The Exhibitor is acting strictly on its own behalf and not as an agent or representative of the Institute in regards to any sales activity. The Institute is providing no advice, and takes no responsibility, for any tax compliance obligations applicable to any Exhibitor in connection with the Exhibitor’s sales activities.
9. SUBLETTING OF SPACE. Exhibitor may not assign this contract, or sublet any space in his exhibit areas contracted for hereunder.
10. INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL OF EXHIBITS. Please refer to the show website at www.ion.org/gnss for setup and dismantle hours. Any company that begins dismantling their booth before show close on Thursday will:
11. EXHIBITOR HOUSING. Housing information will be available on the conference website and in the conference’s printed program. The Institute encourages you to make hotel reservations early. Hotel reservations shall be made at the discretion and expense of the individual exhibitor. The Institute accepts no responsibility in providing exhibitor accommodations.
12. SOCIAL FUNCTIONS. The Institute does not restrict social functions in hotel suites with the exception of the request that these functions terminate prior to midnight. Any social function in a public space of the Institutes’ approved hotels or in the Convention Center must be approved by the Institute.
13. CANVASSING AND OTHER ACTIVITIES. No person, firm or organization not having contracted with the Institute for the occupancy of space in the Exhibition will be permitted to display or demonstrate its products, processes or services, or distribute promotional materials outside the Exhibit Hall in the halls or corridors. Any infringements of this rule will result in the prompt removal of the offending persons from the hall, and exhibitors waive any and all rights for claims against the Institute arising out of the enforcement of this rule. Circulars or other promotional material may be distributed only from the exhibitor’s booth space. THE INSTITUTE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT, CANCEL, REMOVE OR RESTRICT EXHIBITORS WHO, FOR ANY REASON, SHALL INTERFERE WITH THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE EXHIBITION AS A WHOLE.
14. INDEMNIFICATION BY EXHIBITOR. Neither the Institute (its management, agents or employees), or the operators of the premises (Oregon Convention Center, City of Portland, its agents or employees), shall be held liable for any and all claims, injuries or expenses to any persons, or for damage to property owned or controlled by the Exhibitor, which claims for damages or injuries may be incident to, arise from or be in any way connected with the Exhibitor’s occupation of premises; or on account of the neglect by Exhibitor of any rule, regulation or instruction of the Institute; or any rule, regulation or instruction of the premises; or on account of violation of any law, ordinance or governmental regulation of any kind. The Exhibitor shall indemnify and hold the Institute, the management of the Institute and the operators of the premise harmless against all such claims.
15. PHOTOGRAPHS: Presence of all your employees/representatives at ION GNSS+ constitutes your agreement that they be photographed in connection with the conference and your agreement that their name and/or likeness may be distributed and/or displayed in connection with any program created from the conference without any compensation being paid to you or your employees/representatives.
16. LIABILITY. It is agreed that the Exhibitor shall make no claim of any kind against the Institute (its management, agents or employees), operator of premises (Oregon Convention Center, City of Portland, its agents or employees), for any loss, damage, theft or destruction of goods; nor for any injury that may occur to Exhibitor’s employees while in the Exhibition Hall; nor for any damage of any nature or character whatsoever, and without limiting the foregoing, including any damage to its business by reason of the failure to provide space for an exhibit or removal of the exhibit, or for any action the Institute or its participants, agents or employees in relation to the exhibit or Exhibitor, and the Exhibitor shall be solely responsible to its own agents and employees and to all third persons, including invitees and the public for all claims, liabilities, actions, costs, damages and expenses arising out of or relating to the custody, possession, operation, maintenance or control of the leased space or exhibit, for negligence or otherwise relating thereto; and Exhibitor thereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Institute and its agents and employees and the operator of the premises, against any and all such claims as may be asserted against it or them.
17. INSURANCE. Exhibitors must carry worker’s compensation and comprehensive general liability (including personal injury and blanket contractual liability). These coverages must be evidenced by a Certificate of Insurance with a 30-day notice of cancellation provision to the holder and supplied to the Institute at least 30 days before the proposed exhibit date. It is strongly recommended that Exhibitors also carry insurance to cover loss of or damage to their exhibits or other personal property while such property is located at or is in transit to or from the exhibition site. While the exhibition provides security guards, this is solely as an accommodation to Exhibitors, and the Institute assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage or injury to any property of the Exhibitor or to any of its officers, agents, employees or contractors, whether attributable to accident, fire, theft or any other cause whatsoever. The Exhibitor expressly agrees to save and hold harmless the Institute, its management, agents and employees from any and all claims, liabilities and losses for injuries to persons (including death) or damage to property arising in connection with Exhibitor’s use of the exhibit space.
18. CONFERENCE POSTPONEMENT OR CANCELLATIONS. The Institute, at its discretion, shall have the right to postpone or cancel the conference and exhibit and shall be liable in no way to the Exhibitor for losses resulting from such delay or cancellation. The Institute will not be liable for the fulfillment of this contract as to the delivery of exhibit space if non-delivery is due to any of the following causes: By reason of the facility being damaged or destroyed, acts of god, war, government regulation, strike, military actions taken by the U.S. President or Congress, civil disorder, terrorism or imminent threat of the same, disaster, curtailment of transportation facilities or any other emergency beyond the Institute’s control. It will, however, in the event of its not being able to hold an exhibit for any of the above named reasons, reimburse Exhibitor on a pro-rata basis on any amount paid in, less any and all legitimate expenses incurred, such as but not limited to rent, advertising, salaries, operating costs, etc.
19. LABOR. Skilled labor is available and may be utilized to erect and dismantle all exhibits and any decorations. All labor requirements can be acquired from the official show decorator.
20. SECURITY. Security will be provided by the Institute throughout the exhibition, including set-up and tear-down days. Any theft is to be reported to show management at once. Exhibitor must provide adequate insurance in own insurance policies for theft. Booth security is available at an additional fee to Exhibitors (see item #16).
21. STORAGE BEHIND BOOTH. Because of fire regulations, NO STORAGE will be allowed behind booth. If any Exhibitor has special problems in this area, please advise the show decorator during set-up.
22. SIGNS. A two-line standard sign (7-by-44 inches) is furnished without cost to Exhibitors, including booth number, and company name. Additional signs may be ordered through the show decorator.
23. SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS. Delivery receipts, waybills and bills of lading are to show weight, number of pieces and classification. Shipment to warehouse should be timed to arrive no earlier than thirty days prior to the opening of the conference. Questions regarding shipping should be directed to the show decorator.
SMOKING. Smoking will not be permitted in the Exhibit Hall.
For Attendees Technical Program Registration Hotel Travel Visas Special Events Exhibit Hall Submit Kepler Nomination For Authors Abstract Management Author Resource Center Session Chair Resources Student Paper Awards For Exhibitors Exhibitor Resource Center Marketing Resources Other Years Future Meetings Past Meetings