Per Enge Early Achievement Award
Sponsored by The Institute of Navigation
The purpose of this award is to recognize an individual for an outstanding achievement related to the art and science of positioning, navigation and/or timing early in his or her career (35 years or younger in the year of the achievement) with highest consideration given to the following criteria in descending order of importance:
- An innovation or invention (which has been successfully demonstrated) or a novel equipment/system development relating to positioning, navigation or timing.
- An outstanding method for use in positioning, navigation or timing.
- Outstanding research or study relating to positioning, navigation or timing.
Given in memory of Prof. Per Enge, a brilliant engineer and teacher, who used his cheerfulness and enthusiasm to inspire others through education, advising and mentorship.
Eligibility and Regulations
- Preference in selection of the recipient shall be given to persons early in their careers for those contributions that assumed prominence and importance.
- Considered nominees shall not be considered for the Thurlow, Tycho Brahe, Hays, Weems or Superior Achievement Award(s) in the same year. The nominee must be age 40 or younger at the time of the scheduled award presentation in order to be considered eligible for the award.
- A recipient does not have to be a member of the Institute of Navigation.
- Companies, Agencies, Bureaus, Associations, Full-Time Students or Groups of Individuals are not eligible for consideration.
- The Award shall be given, at most, once each year. It shall be given only in those years in which an outstanding nominee is considered worthy of such recognition.
- Previous recipients are not eligible for consideration.
Nominations for this award may be submitted by anyone, but all nominations must be in conformance with ION nomination standards. Recipients need not be ION members. Nominations received in correct form by October 15 will be considered; submissions received after the closing date will not be considered.
Submit a Nomination
Nominations can be submitted online at the link above, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The award shall consist of a suitable plaque with appropriate wording.
The presentation of this award is a highlight of the ION International Technical Meeting.