When you Arrive
- Turn in your final paper to the ION registration desk.
- Test your presentation on the ION computer located near the registration desk. Presentation files display in various ways on different computers. ION provides a “test” computer so you can check fonts, graphics and multimedia content. Test your presentation before you find yourself standing in front of dozens of industry colleagues!
- If using your own laptop, test your laptop with the ION projector located near the registration desk. You may use your laptop with ION’s projector. To avoid surprises during your session, test your laptop with ION’s projector one day prior to your presentation. The test projector will allow you to test your cables, drivers, settings and necessary keystrokes.
On the Day of your Presentation
- Check in with your session chair at the Speakers Breakfast (held on the morning of your presentation). Attending the Speakers Breakfast is required to preserve your scheduled presentation time. If you do not attend the Speakers Breakfast, your presentation time will be assigned to another author. If you are unable to attend the breakfast, contact your session chair or Miriam Lewis (email@example.com) as soon as possible. If your paper has been accepted as an alternate, you will find out if you can present at the speakers breakfast.
- Copy your presentation to the “desktop” of the computer in your session room before the session begins. Copying your files onto the computer before the session begins allows for a smooth, fast transition between presentations.